Central Heating inhibitor - or lack of

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have no inhibitor in my CH system as I drained the system to move a radiator the other week. What is the maximum length of time I should run the system without inhibitor as I will be removing a large radiator in a month to decorate. Is it ok to run without until then, or should I add now and top up if necessary once the large rad has been put back on?

Sponsored Links
but when you take off the rad, you will not need to drain down, you just remove the rad from its valves

In which case you could add it now.

If like me you are very mean you could empty the rad into a bucket, filter out dirt and sediment, and tip it back in the F&E (if you have one)

OOI, how dirty is it?

but when you take off the rad, you will not need to drain down, you just remove the rad from its valves

Yeah I know. Just means the solution would be diluted when it re-fills. I also want to flush it out after re-fitting the radiator so will wait.

Sponsored Links
Then run some Sentinel X400 through it to loosen the old sediment before you flush it out. You can leave it circulating for about 4 weeks.

It will cost you about £15

Only if you leave the heating on for four weeks....... difficult in this weather.

how about running the pump with the boiler stat turned down for a while?

Even if the heating isn't running much, it is sure to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back