central heating nightmare

he then went on to say that he/they do not re-pressure expanssion valves as it does not work and that he had to leave as he has another job.

the pressue in the boiler not drops to zero and they say that its nothing to do with them and that i need a new expanssion vessel, AV and PRV.

i feel like im being mistreated and am so frustrated with it. I have no idea what i can do to sort this out?

You did not reply to my question about Scottish Power and individuals.

Its very simply, if Scottish Power then complain to them, if an independent then get someone competent and helpful.

If you own the property then its YOU who decides who is going to fix your boiler. Those guys seem to have no idea!

Tony

Tony

Sponsored Links
Firstly, calm down. You have come to the right place to get advice.

My question is- is plumber’s brother registered to work on boilers? Did you see his gas card? If he has no registration, then he cannot work on your boiler. No one, other than a gas resitered person should work on your boiler. Call Gas Safe register and check this out if in doubt.
Boiler service does not comprise of dusting the boiler but what is written in the boiler manual. Charging the expansion vessel is one of the tasks carried out during service. Hoovering the dust kid on boiler service and not worth the money paid out.

Loose PRV? Again sounds like sharp practice.

To get it fixed, man up and call the plumber and ask him to rectify the breakage. If he broke the part, then the break will be bright metal or plastic. If break was dated, then it will have tarnished/ got dirty over time. Look at the broken part.

If he is reluctant to return, talk to trading standards and Gas Safe. You can check his Gas Registration (If he is indeed registered to work on gas boiler) by visiting Gas Safe Register website and searching plumber’s postcode (as the place that needs work carried out).

Thanks,

its so frustrating.

Its not broken off, but the grey knob - The AV i think is broke - he twisted it to let water out and now it wont tighten back up - meaning water just comes straight out.
He should of taken water out of the radiators instead i think.

he then went on to say that he/they do not re-pressure expanssion valves as it does not work and that he had to leave as he has another job.

the pressue in the boiler not drops to zero and they say that its nothing to do with them and that i need a new expanssion vessel, AV and PRV.

i feel like im being mistreated and am so frustrated with it. I have no idea what i can do to sort this out?

You did not reply to my question about Scottish Power and individuals.

Its very simply, if Scottish Power then complain to them, if an independent then get someone competent and helpful.

If you own the property then its YOU who decides who is going to fix your boiler. Those guys seem to have no idea!

Tony

Tony

Sorry Tony

Its not Scottish Power, its an independant - i have located them on the gas register website - but not the person who carried out the shoddy boiler service - am i allowed to put a link up of who it is on this website?

A service is not a repair.

They are two very different words and meanings.

The servicing engineer could not have broken your expansion vessel, it is a sealed unit.

You need to get your boiler repaired and no-one else is going to pay for it.

There has been a lot of blame thrown around on this thread, to me it looks like your boiler has a typical age related fault and you want it to be someone else's problem.

Time to put your hand in your pocket and stop wingeing.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Tony

Its not Scottish Power, its an independant - i have located them on the gas register website - but not the person who carried out the shoddy boiler service - am i allowed to put a link up of who it is on this website?

You can put a link to them if you wish to, many others do, but a mod might decide to delete it he he felt that you were not being fair to them or misrepresenting the facts.

However, more worrying is that the person who came to you is not apparently listed as one of their operatives.

Have you contacted them via a number or email shown on the Gas Safe listing? I am wondering if you may have been dealing with an imposter.

It really does sound as if you should pose the question to Gas Safe. As we spend so much time and money being qualified and registered you can understand that we are not very happy if anyone does gas work when they are not registered and particularly if they dont do it properly.

Tony

A service is not a repair.

They are two very different words and meanings.

The servicing engineer could not have broken your expansion vessel, it is a sealed unit.

You need to get your boiler repaired and no-one else is going to pay for it.

There has been a lot of blame thrown around on this thread, to me it looks like your boiler has a typical age related fault and you want it to be someone else's problem.

Time to put your hand in your pocket and stop wingeing.

Hi

Thanks, I appreciate that a service is not a repair, and that the expansion vessel is a sealed unit, however my concerns are that an item was damaged during the service (like it was this morning when they came back) and that it is being blammed on the expansion vessel and now on sludge in the system when they drained it to replace the rads.

Sorry Tony

You can put a link to them if you wish to, many others do, but a mod might decide to delete it he he felt that you were not being fair to them or misrepresenting the facts.

However, more worrying is that the person who came to you is not apparently listed as one of their operatives.

Have you contacted them via a number or email shown on the Gas Safe listing? I am wondering if you may have been dealing with an imposter.

It really does sound as if you should pose the question to Gas Safe. As we spend so much time and money being qualified and registered you can understand that we are not very happy if anyone does gas work when they are not registered and particularly if they dont do it properly.

Tony

The picture of the man on the website is the man i have been dealing with, however the person who came round today and who initially carried out a service on his behalf is his brother.

this is their page

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/re...eturnurl=../FindBusiness.aspx&returnname=Find a business&reload=true

called waterways plumbing and heating Gas Safe Registered Number: 524076

what should i do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back