Central heating not igniting on Vaillant

Nav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all have an issue with an 8 year old vaillant combi boiler Turbo max vuw 242 e, on my return from holiday I could only get hot water when central heating was on, problem was found to be the plastic armature had broken on the diverter valve that operates the micro switch, the cause of this was a internal build up of lime scale in the valve. New divert valve was fitted and all was well for a day or so, after this I have noticed that the downstairs radiator (boiler is also located downstairs) are cold when CH is on water pressure is at 1.8 bar, I have turned CH temp up to max and turned off upstairs radiators and the downstairs ones get hot however once upstairs ones turned on again the downstairs ones go cold have tried to bleed radiators but no joy.
I have also picked up another problem when the CH is on timer or turned to on the boiler fails to ignite and locks out but can be forced to ignite by resetting and either turning the hot water on or manually switching ignition on a few times, the gas valve was changed 3 years ago. Any suggestions to try.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back