Probs with Cent. Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Radiators upstairs hot downstairs cold -if upstairs switched off some of downstairs rads will heat. New pump,3-way valve,gas valve have just been fitted and system professionally flushed out.
(When boiler turned on it fires up pipe and pipe in loft brings water up to 3-way valve system. When boiler reaches a certain temperature it cuts out before all radiators hot.) Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
New pump,3-way valve, gas valve have just been fitted and system professionally flushed out.
The people who carried out this work should be called back to sort this out (no further charge). If I carried out the work described, I would expect to leave the system properly balanced and working.

Sponsored Links
The boiler should cut out when a certain temperture is reached, but is your boiler stat set too low.
With the work carried out I can;t see it being a blockage but is it possible the pipe work splits into upstairs and downstairs and there is air in the downstairs circuit.
I think I would close off all upstairs rads and increase the pump speed and the boiler stat. I would expect this to push the water around the circuit and allow any air to escape up the vent pipe or into radiators where it can be bled off,
Can't think of anything else at the moment.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back