Central heating on constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. forgive me if the following is poorly explained I’m new to the world of combi boilers.

I have an ISAR HE35 condensing combination boiler. Today I had problem with the RCD tripping as soon as the thermostat was turned up. Using hot water there was no problem, it was just for the central heating. So I turned the thermostat right down but I noticed that the boiler then continued to supply central heating (C was up in the status display) even though the thermostat wasn’t on and the thermostat on the boiler was turned down. Possibly the diverter valve is stuck on?

Another issue- recently -has been that there has been some condensation forming in the bottom panel just above the PCB (control box), I thought the outlet pipe might be frozen but it seems fine, any possible ideas here?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
I think you may need professional help.

Water near the PCB can kill it and it costs about £200 !

Tony

Sounds like the stat or the wiring to it is faulty. As Tony said, get a pro in to check it all. These are crap boilers at the best of times, and diy is likely to cost you a bundle in the end.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

At the moment its working fine, who knows, so I will just have to wait till an engineer can get out.

I know all about Isars lousy reputation, recently had to replace the old PCB for the new orange one which should hopefully *cough continue to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back