Central heating pipe adjustments.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove and adjust some pipework and was wondering, if i want to disconnect a section of existing pipework ( so i can move a rad to the otherside of the room ) but just change the direction of the elbow joint 180 degrees then add new pipework to supply the new towel radiator.
If i put the torch/flame on the joint will this make it possible to wiggle and eventually turn the joint 180 thus ready to be re-soldered along with the new pipework???Or will i have to saw through the pipework,clean it up then add a new joint and pipe.

Im itching to crack on with fitting my bath suite but have never actually done any plumbing/pipe soldering, hence the amateurish questions.

Help much appreciated cheers..........

Sponsored Links
Im itching to crack on with fitting my bath suite but have never actually done any plumbing/pipe soldering

Oh dear mate, I can only see this ending in disaster. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You horrible and mean little man :LOL: :LOL: This is a diy site :!:

I'm well aware of that and good luck to the lad but enthusiasm can only take you so far, a little competence would be handy before ripping a bathroom apart and repositioning radiators. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back