central heating pipework size and design for new combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting a new combi condensing boiler (vaillant 831) installed in first floor bathroom.

2 installers suggested running 22mm pipework from bathroom at top of stairs to the cellar area under the stairs and from there under timber ground floors to feed 4 radiators. All rads are different outputs (total output of 7kw max).

A third installer said that I should stick with the current system of 22mm pipe running length of first floor and drop-feeding downstairs rads via 8-10mm micro-bore. Reasons are that the current system has been working fine (all rads hot) and if its changed then hot water may not circulate upstairs as it will follow the path of least resistance downstairs through new 22mm pipework.

I asked one of the first installers about this and they said the third installer was talking rubbish as the system will be pressurised and pumped equally by the boiler's pump.

Who should I believe?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back