Central Heating problem.

Given the above, it seems the simplest thing for me to do is to buy an identical replacement (about £23). Fit it. And see what happens. If this fixes the problem then great. If not, I call out an engineer (as the problem could be more tricky to ascertain).

Sound good?

Sponsored Links
First remove the old motor. (Should take 30 seconds).
Then open up the old motor see how it is wired (take photo if necessary).
Remove wires from old motor.

Open up new motor.
Connect the wires, exactly as in the previous motor.
Fit new motor onto the valve.

Or is it more complicated than this?

Sponsored Links
coz i think it goes into the timer, which i think he doesnt want to open up.

could you cut the flex and put a juntion box on it?

Yeah, I don't particularly want to open up the timer and rewire that, as that would be very time consuming.

If the motor comes pre-wired, cutting the cable of the old motor and using a junction box to connect the cable of the new motor seems the easiest way to fix things up.

Anyway gents. Thanks for your help. I shall order the new motor now and shall report back with my results next week. If it doesnt solve the problem, then I shall have to call an engineer.

Once again, thanks for your help on this.

Yeah, I don't particularly want to open up the timer and rewire that, as that would be very time consuming.

If the motor comes pre-wired, cutting the cable of the old motor and using a junction box to connect the cable of the new motor seems the easiest way to fix things up.

Anyway gents. Thanks for your help. I shall order the new motor now and shall report back with my results next week. If it doesnt solve the problem, then I shall have to call an engineer.

Once again, thanks for your help on this.

the motor will just have a bit of flex on it, as said get a sealed jun box, fix it to the wall and join the cables using this. just make sure theres no bare wires showing inside. ;)

god knows life in general i think.
23_33_6.gif

the motor will just have a bit of flex on it, as said get a sealed jun box, fix it to the wall and join the cables using this. just make sure theres no bare wires showing inside. ;)

Will do.

we can only go on your info.

do you not know anyone with a meter can check it for you ?

you say the stat is working
valve is not making a noise on call for heat

which leaves the fault down to the motor in the actuator.

what else do you want.

if you was local i'd fit it free just to see a bloody smile on your face
or_d06fe493-833b-4c1a-b7e4-85b371e7.gif

if you was local i'd fit it free just to see a bloody smile on your face

:)

Once I've fitted the motor and everything is working fine, I shall have a very big smile. ;)

Once again, thanks for your help gents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back