Central heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I am having problems with my central heating. i have a sealed system and vailant 600 eco therm boiler. when i turn on the heating it takes 45 - 50 mins for the rads to get warm and then are only warm. the water seems to get to the trv quickly but nit flow through the rad, the trv is open and the pump is set to 1400 litres per hour at 20degree drop.

Any ideas

Andrew

Sponsored Links
give the trv`s a tap with a hammer, or use pliers to gently pull the pin up and down, more than likely they are gunged up. if that fails drain the system, hose out the rads and replace the trv`s.

Hi Thankyou for e-mailing me. The system is brand new, rads trvs everything? do you think this may still be a problem?

Kind Regards

Andrew

It`s all new? hmm, perhaps it just needs to be balanced properly, do a search of this forum for balanceing, you`ll find your answers.

Sponsored Links
If its all new then the usual thing to do is to call back the installer who is expected to have properly set up the system and balanced the radiators.

I dont suppose it was an illegal install by builders rather than a competent CORGI registered installer?

Tony

You don`t need to be corgie reg`d to install a system tony, just need a corgi to install the boiler. The rest can be done by any decent plumber.

Hi Guys

no no, the rad people are blaming the plumber the plumber says its the rads vailant say the boiler is o.k. the rads are aeon tallus from pitacks. Its all a mess now, i supplied the rads.

you may have supplied them but you did not fit them, i very much doubt that the rads are at fault, tell the plumber to stop bullshitting you and come back and balance the system properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back