Central heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ravenheat rsf 820 / 20 system and the system is having problems.

The system heats the water fine but when the demand from the CH system happens the system kicks in and after 2mins the system shuts down. A few minutes later the system tries again to heat and runs for another 2mins. The upstairs is warm but no hot water is reaching the bottom section of the system. I have replaced the high limit thermostat but no change!

This is has been ongoing for the last day or so and i need it resolved as I have a 2month son. so any help would be gratefully recieved

Sponsored Links
Could be a result of a scaled up heat exchanger.

Do you live in a hard or soft water area?

Is the system water clean?

i am in a hard water area and i was going to change the filters on the water supply

is there anyway i can descale the heat - exchanger without the need to buy a new one

Sponsored Links
Of course, Sentinel X200 can be added into your CH water through a radiator and left in for a few weeks running your CH everynight for an hour or so.

Then drain down, flush out and refil making sure you add your inhibitor.

Don't make a rash decision though, see what other people say as this may not be the problem, but only a possible one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back