Central Heating Programmer (Honeywell)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there could you help please? Our c/h programmer works when on water OR heating but turns off when we try to get both. I then have to switch off at the spur and turn on again. Do we need a new programmer?

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
in what way does it turn off? when power reinstated does it work ok? what system and boiler do you have?

thank you for replying. It trips so has no power to it. Then when I switch spur on and off it works again but only til we try to call for both water and heat. I've replaced the fuse in the spur but still the same. We've got an immersion heater, cold water storage tank and central heating water tank in the loft (expansion tank?). Boiler is an Ideal

Best

Stuart

does it trip the mains circuit breaker?

Sponsored Links
does the "spur" have a Test button on it?

I would be testing the 3 port valve as it sounds like there is some kind of short - dont know why the fuse doesnt blow though.

Thanks for that, I'll see if there are any obvious problems but would only be able to replace it not sure how to test it

Thanks again
Best

Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back