Central Heating programmer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I attempted to fit a new Honeywell thermostat in my living room. I switched the power off, read the fitting instructions, but still managed to mess things up. I managed to put the neutral where the live should have been and visa versa. Now my Central Heating programmer is not working at all. No lights, time or anything. I'm very concerned i've cocked things up. Could it be something simple. like a fuse?

Could anyone tell me what i've managed to do? I thought the breaker would trip out, but it never did. If a fuse has gone i can't find it. :cry:

Sponsored Links
There may be a fuse on the back of the programmer depending on make.

There should also be a switched fused spur for the heating system, fuse next to the switch.

I attempted to fit a new Honeywell thermostat in my living room. I switched the power off, read the fitting instructions, but still managed to mess things up. I managed to put the neutral where the live should have been and visa versa. Now my Central Heating programmer is not working at all. No lights, time or anything. I'm very concerned i've cocked things up. Could it be something simple. like a fuse?
Which stat are you installing? Some of them are very sensitive to incorrect polarity, so you may have damaged it. If you have an old stat, put that one back and check if the system still works. If it does you have broken the new one.

I tried to change the fuse on the fuse spur, but that never worked. I took a look behind the programmer, but couldn't see a fuse.

I spoke to a friend today and they told me that there's a 2 amp fuse or a switch board in the boiler that may have gone. Any truth in that? :confused:

Sponsored Links
have you checked that you have power to back plate of programmer? use a mulit tester tho not a neon screw driver they only tell you if something is live, obvioulsy if you have power there then you have killed programmer

logic says. You have fekked the programmer.

Join the queue for numptys..........dont fear, every fekker on this site has been there. Ive got a free membership card. :LOL:

regancup.jpg

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back