central heating programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had Worcester Bosch boiler installed recently. Also a Drayton Digistat + RF Wireless System Room Thermostat. Didn't have room thermostat before. Programmer wasn't replaced it is an acl Lifestyle Model LP 112. Both the HW and CH on the programmer are set to come on twice a day and do so but the boiler fires up frequently and the HW light comes on outwith the set times. Installer says the programmer is faulty but it worked perfectly before the installation. Can anyone shed light on this?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a wiring error. It could be that your wireless room 'stat is going into night setback at too high a temperature, but you would still have a wiring error as well.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a wiring error. It could be that your wireless room 'stat is going into night setback at too high a temperature, but you would still have a wiring error as well.

Thanks for input - Even with the CH at the off position, if the HW is set at timed both the boiler & the HW light switch on & off intermittently outwith the set times. I can only control it by keeping the CH on timed and the HW at off.

There is one motorized valve and it is a SUNVIC. I think it is a 2 port but not sure.
You can check which type by counting the pipes!

If it has only two pipes, is it connected to the HW cylinder?

There is one motorized valve and it is a SUNVIC. I think it is a 2 port but not sure.
You can check which type by counting the pipes!

If it has only two pipes, is it connected to the HW cylinder?
Thanks again - Sorry, yes the motorized valve is definitely a 2 port! It is connected to a pipe which feeds from the cylinder, albeit it is some distance from the cylinder. It also has an electric cable going to the pump. Something else I realise I'd forgotten to mention is that, on the programmer, prior to the installation the indicatior arrow appeared for 0N, OFF and TIMED on both the CH and HW sides. It still does on the HW side but now on the CH side it only appears at TIMED. Is this significant?
It's obvious I'm a layman at this but grateful for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back