Central heating pump continually running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

First post on here, hoping for some advice before I call in the experts.

The pump to my central heating system continually runs, even when the timer on my system is set to off. I think I have traced the fault to my boiler, a Worcester Greenstar 18Ri boiler. When the timer is set to off the L&N from the PCB on the boiler still shows 240V across the terminals. Could this be a fault on the PCB?

Ed.

Sponsored Links
It may be, but it could also be a faulty zone valve. Does the boiler fire during these OFF periods?

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response. I had thought that the pump only ran when the boiler was switched on (either when the programmer was wanting heat and or hot water), however on closer inspection I think I found that the pump was running when the boiler was switched off at it's dial. I'll investigate this and let you know.

E

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back