central heating pump size

The bypass is to protect the boiler and will do in case of no or very low circulation around the system.

With high output boilers and radiators and zone valves constantly changing the flow rate across the system an automatic is far more flexible.

The problem doesn't usually affect the boiler but if all TRV's are closing down whistling can often be heard at the radiator by those with good hearing.

A decent sized radiator on lockshields and all will be fine but as I'm sure you know what is supposed to be installed and what is are two different things.

Sponsored Links
Just install a Grunfoss Aplha2L pump and you'll have no problems and will adjust to suit pretty much any domestic house heating system.

Sponsored Links
I don't know what they have in mind, but its a system boiler according to the OP and of course that already contains a pump!

The bypass is to protect the boiler and will do in case of no or very low circulation around the system.

With high output boilers and radiators and zone valves constantly changing the flow rate across the system an automatic is far more flexible.

The problem doesn't usually affect the boiler but if all TRV's are closing down whistling can often be heard at the radiator by those with good hearing.

A decent sized radiator on lockshields and all will be fine but as I'm sure you know what is supposed to be installed and what is are two different things.

Hmmmm......Granny & egg sucking springs to mind!!

Listen mate, I've fitted more heating systems over the last 40 years in the trade than you've had hot dinners. I know what a f.cking bypass is for!!

I was pointing out how boiler manufacturers don't give the whole picture in their MIs & sometimes you need to ask; yes, even a seasoned professional & artisan like me.

I don't know what they have in mind, but its a system boiler according to the OP and of course that already contains a pump!

That's the point Tony, some clueless moron is searching for half baked advice on a DIY forum. You know it'll end in tears. I pity the poor customer.

You have no idea how many hot dinners I've had nor how many boilers I put in after the first in, I'm having to guess approximately now, 1975 and it was a Vulcancontinental. Or in the, if you include my apprenticeship, 45 years subsequently.

Please remember Richardthe3rd, that post is not for or at you, you are only one reader; it is for the original poster and any other readers who do not have your experience. It was your good question that perhaps brought something to the mind of the readers, I answered it generally.

As I work for the manufacturer in question I look upon my posts as fleshing out the bits that are not obvious from the manufacturers instructions.

Why are so many people on public forums so precious? With experience you can beat people up or you can give them a hand up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back