Central Heating Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all you bearers of wisdom, i am hoping 1 or more of you gentlemen can help, i have just drained down the ch system to move a downstairs rad so a plasterer could do there stuff, after i had removed the rad and locked off the valve and capped off the return i then turned the gate valves back on at the cylinder to bleed the rest of the rads but after the initial release of air and trickle of water there was no pressure at all coming out of the upstairs rads (water or air), i felt the flow and return pipes at the cylinder and the flow pipe was hot until it got to the pump(pump was scorching) then after it left the pump it was warm then about 6 inches after it was cold and the return was cold. The pump and the mid port valve were vibrating so i assume technically working but im thinking that the pump may have to be replaced. My mother told me that she has been hearing the water going around the rads for a couple of weeks prior even when they are not being used. Im a newly qualified level 2 so be gentle with me and i hope you can help cheers

Sponsored Links
Obviously water not getting into the system poss due to an airlock if no mechanical failure.
Try backfilling it with mains feed.

Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back