Central heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My pump is making an awfull racket and I suspect that the bearings are done for. Looking on the internet, I've been trying to find a replacement for it but they don't seem to make them any more. Can someone please tell me whether there's a suitable replacement for the Myson SD53.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt know a Myson sd53 if it hopped over my face and dropped a bomb in my ear and I have probably changed dozens.
However theres are 3 important common elements to a modern domestic pump.
1. The distance from face to face is 130mm [many moons ago it was 180mm]
2. The threads are 1¼" BSP
3. The voltage is 240V ish AC

The name on the front is about as significant as who makes your bin bags.

For most domestic applications a 5 metre head pump will suffice and for larger systems invest in a 6metre head pump.

Only if you have a really really big system or oddball case will you find this advice inappropriate

I am surprised that Slug does not recognise them! They were fitted in the Potty Pumas!

Its now under a different name following a management buyout.

Look for "Circulating Pumps CP53" !!!

You will probably find it easier to change just the head.

If you have the slot type pump valves then drain and change them to the gate valve type otherwise they will just leak!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Just had a look in my scrapheap and found one. Blue and as you say with the twiddley knob like the cp53.
I must have been watching too much corrugated sheet and had a touch of the Mike Baldwins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back