Central Heating: Replacing Drayton 3 Way Mid Position Valve

Sponsored Links
so the valve is moving over when heating called for.
so wall stat is ok.

can you check if you have power at the grey wire and the orange wire from the mot valve

Sponsored Links
people have replaced them and brought them from maplins etc.

but i never have due to the customer useally just wants the job done in the quickest time.

take the top off and you maybe to see the switch and push it with a screwdriver etc.

they can be changed seperately.

edit, too late :D

hmmmmmmmmmmm....

might be getting out of my depth with this then. I presume it's a case of dismantling the unit removing the micro switch and soldering a new one in.

I'm wondering if it's going to be easier (or simpler) to replace the head.

have fun

ok-wink.gif

Just finished replacing the whole unit and we now have hot water and central heating when we should have it. :D

A really big thank you to all those who have helped out with advice regarding this, with a special thanks to Seco Services. :D

turn the heating/hw on programmer off.
then turn the power to the heating system off, then turn back on. this will reset the valve to relaxed position.

the lever on the end is it floppy or has it got resistance on it when you push it across ?
also the marker lever on the side what is it pointing to W M H ?

I realise this is some time, later(!) but I'm having problems with one of these valves and I notice you mention about the lever being floppy. The lever on mine is and seems to be unconnected to anything - is there a cure, or should I be replacing the valve?

I suspect I'll need to replace the valve, as I'm having problems with hot water - I'm guessing the microswitch isn't making and the boiler hence isn't getting a signal.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back