Central Heating Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler - Potterton Profile
Timer - Potterton EP2001
Room Stat - Drayton Wireless RF1

Problem - Heating (boiler) is failing to come on intermittently. More likely to fire up in the mornings, but not the afternoons. I think there is a problem with the room stat, sometimes when I shake it or bash it around the boiler will fire up. Sometimes the figures on the display will disappear all together. I have changed the batteries by the way

If it is the wireless room stat that is the problem can I buy just a replacement room stat or do I need to buy the controller also?

Any other suggestions as to the cause of the problem are welcome.

thanks
Malcolm

Sponsored Links
"

sometimes when I shake it or bash it around the boiler will fire up.

Have you tried taking it outside & running your car over it?

It may well have been a battery problem originally but seeing as you have now kicked to death a delicate piece of software it may well need replacing.

Ep has been known to reach the end of its useful life, and the rf1 can have problems finding the connection. I noticed this only in houses with wireless broadband though. I suspect they don’t like it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back