Central heating valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone identify the manufacturer of the valve in the attached photo, I'm hoping the B within a hexagon is a clue. It's playing up, letting hot water into the upstairs radiators when the hot water is being called for but not the heating.

Attachments

• 20180725_182945.jpg
    20180725_182945.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
That is a check valve (non-return valve) and any 22mm check valve can be used, it is possible but would be unusuall that this is your culprit, do you have one x 3 port valve (Yplan) or 2 x 2 port valves(S Plan) to control your heating and water ?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/single-check-valve-22mm/61237

Its on a thermal store system, no 3 port valves, just a pump for the boiler flow, and another for the heating. When the store calls for heat the boiler pump starts but the upstairs rads get hot, none of the other rads.

see you forgot to mention that part , always usefull to know as we dont have crystal balls, that one that I posted the link for will do as will any single 22mm check valve. are you saying that when only HW is called for that the pipe below that valve is heating up ?

Sponsored Links
see you forgot to mention that part , always usefull to know as we dont have crystal balls, that one that I posted the link for will do as will any single 22mm check valve. are you saying that when only HW is called for that the pipe below that valve is heating up ?

Yes, the pipe leading upstairs gets hot as the store heats up, the heating pump isn't coming on, just the boiler pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back