Central Heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I have seen and looked at a ton of posts on the correct wiring for central heating/water but cant find the answer. Hoping one of you hardcore guys/gals might be able to help.

Replaced old programmer with a sunvic select x2 a couple of year ago - it worked fine then one night i heard the gas coming on and off, motor was constant.
i turned off at mains, and it all stopped. good.
looked at wiring it seemed fine but decided to strip it out and start again.
left it to the basics but the problem is that whenever the power is on the motor starts and the gas comes on - even if no programmer. only on HW though. CH requires programmer.
So... i ask for help from the pros.
pics of current wiring are here:
http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/mycreamcrackers/media/wire2.jpg.html
if you could advise me regarding getting the current situation rectified i would massively appreciate it. no sarky comments though - i get enough of those from the wife and believe me...!
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
also

as you see from the pics there is a short wire that needs to connect two of the terminals. i have searched and it seems that this should be connected to live - then to another terminal. [some are saying 2 some 3] - i can fix electrical things and find them relatively simple but this for some reason seems to be a 'dark art'.
i just need some pointers!
or...
drawing a picture that looks like my photos.
yes... i am an idiot today.

thanks again

Sponsored Links
D_Hailsham

previous post

ITS A TWO PORT!
definitely not a three port.

i need to go back to bed i am having a rough day and suffering from being an idiot!

D_Hailsham

Also forgot to say that when the programmer is attached the CH works fine but HW is ALWAYS on.
I think ive remembered everything.

thanks again.

With the hw switched off at the programmer, if you still have 240V on the orange wire from the hw 2 port valve - likely to be the valve at fault.

Poss microswitch/actuator.

i never remember (and i would have ) seeing her in seacrorft ;)

one good looking gall yev got yersen fella

and make sure you tell her that ;)
if i ever come back 5to ypur end of the country i need all the help i can get bonny lad :LOL:

Whitespirit66

cheers for that.
the HW is still on even with programmer removed!

Def a wiring prob.

have a look at the pics tell me what you see wrong.
dont be too sarky now.
and if you still think its an actuator let me know.

cheers again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back