Central Heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The CH boiler died, unable t orepair due to lack of spares.

Had to buy a Logic 24 boiler, can somone verify the correct way to wire it up looks like this ?

GqOYVmc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cheers, i was 99% sure, best just to check though, cant afford to zap an £800 boiler

Look at page 27 of installation manual for connection wiring, external timer/stats get live & live return from boiler connection, neutral from central heating spur(installation manual).
http://idealheating.com/downloads/manuals/204626_inst.pdf

Most external controls for boilers nowadays get their power from the boiler, power from spur to boiler, switch off spur and all wiring is dead, no one can switch on timer at a different location from boiler and possibly electrocuting boiler engineers.

Sponsored Links
Look at page 27 of installation manual for connection wiring, external timer/stats get live & live return from boiler connection, neutral from central heating spur(installation manual).
http://idealheating.com/downloads/manuals/204626_inst.pdf

Most external controls for boilers nowadays get their power from the boiler, power from spur to boiler, switch off spur and all wiring is dead, no one can switch on timer at a different location from boiler and possibly electrocuting boiler engineers.

I thought that was a sport in Poland .......

No seriously, all three are fed off a single dedicated circuit breaker. switch off the circuit breaker, all is dead. Except the engineer.

Personally i wave an AC voltage tester round any wiring before i start prodding about with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back