central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone give me some help and advice please.l have a 3 year old baxi boiler,the pilot light stays on,but when l switch the timer on for hot water and central heating the boiler comes on,but the radiators and hot water do not get hot.It was working ok, till 3 days ago, any ideas. thanks :(

Sponsored Links
It,s a gas baxi solo 3 pfl 40,and l have had no problems or repairs to the boiler or radiators.This problem has just began in the last 3 days.The boiler comes on, but nothing heats up, not even the pipes.

Sponsored Links
well the pipes from the boiler must heat up a bit....I imagine the pump isn't circulating any hot water around the system though.

Assuming the fan runs and that you can see the pilot on, is it still trying to ignite (ignition lead, pcb or partially blocked pilot) if pilot alight and ignition stopped the solenoid on the gas valve may be faulty for main gas.

the lights( LEDs) on the front panel should give an idea were the fault lies.

requires corgi engineer

all the boiler lights are on,boiler on,fan on, pilot on, burner on. just checked.But nothing heating up.

the pumps working,l have just checked the vent outside, and the fan is blowing cold air?

If the burner is lit even at a very low gas rate the heat will go somewhere, have a look again to see if the burner is lighting and staying alight.

the burner is definetly on,and the pipes at the top of the boiler are cold.The pump is working , l checked it in the airing cupboard, l heard it,and felt it making a noise.

You say the burner is on but the flue and pipes are cold! I have to say I dont believe you! But that is considered to be rude so I have to say that it cannot happen so you are misguided".

You said that nothing has been done to the boiler since it was installed three years ago. Presumably that means you have never had it serviced as recommended to be done every year.

I would suggest that you call a professional boiler engineer who will be able to fix it for you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back