Ceramic hob not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The two rings at the back of my hob have stopped working. I am assuming all rings are on the same fuse so this would not be the problem. Any simple solution here? Wiring overheated? Halogen lamps failed? I'm not keen to replace the hob as it was an expensive model.

Thanks Susan

Sponsored Links
Many hobs have two live terminals that feed different parts for the hob - it's just possible that one of yours has broken of worked loose.

You'll need access to the terminal block on the hob to check - which may be easy, of may be hard, depending on how your ktichen is put together,

Thanks for the quick response; it's most appreciated. I'm still trying to figure out where the wiring is as the kitchen was put in by a previous owner! There's a built in oven underneath so no access to the wall behind it. There's no evidence of sockets on either side of the oven so it's a bit of a mystery at the moment...

It is the connections at the hob that require attention. You'll need to "pop" the hob out of the worktop as it's connections will be on the underside. Some hobs require that you supply power to two terminals for all rings to work (my Zanussi does).

Sponsored Links
The oven underneath will have some screws into its frame on the front. Open the doors and you should see the screws. The oven will then slide out for access under the hob. You can then loosen the hob clamps and lift it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back