Ceramic sink no hole for tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double belfast ceramic sink but just realised where the tap goes there is no hole. Upon closer inspection there is a hole scored on the underside but it does not go all the way through. Any ideas how to create the hole correctly? Scared to damage the sink! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi , it might pay to ask in the tiling forum - a diamond holesaw is what I`m thinking.

Ive never seen a belfast sink with a tap drill in. It either bid taps over the sink or a tap drill on the work top next to the sink

Are you talking about a china clay inset (i.e you cut a hole in counter top and the top lip sits over the worktop to seal) type?

If so this is not what I would term a Belfast type.

If it is the former, buy the best centre punch you can find, and be brave.

Some instructions should have come with it, but you'll blunt a hole saw.

(yes I have seen them broken when punching out the hole required, hence my comment about being brave), or, return it to supplier and get them to make the hole. (when my customers talk about these sinks - IKEA et-al - I tell them to get it delivered with the taphole already made....)

DH

Sponsored Links
Just had a look and it's fireclay. Looks like will have to do the same as the guy in the link you posted Picasso. Thanks for that

Scary! I have done it a few times but it doesn't get any easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back