Ceramic taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me in my wisdom have bought some cheap taps off the internet, at 25% of the normal price. I didn't expect them to be all that brilliant, but they do look very nice. However...

They have horizontal lever handles, 1/4 turn. Unfortunately, the disc valves are identical, and not opposite. I.E. Hot faces left when off, Cold faces forward! Apart from that, they're fine.

I don't seem to be able to reverse the valves like someone suggested and am trying to source a replacement. The local plumbing shop just laughed me out the premises.

They're an obsure Chinese make, so I can't even contact the manufacturer.

Any ideas? :(

Sponsored Links
alfietinker said:
Any ideas? :(

yes dont buy cheap taps off the internet

I am being serious, you get what you pay for in this world, and you have bought what you thought was a bargin, now you are seeing what grief it is giving you for buying what you thought was nice and cheap, get rid of them now and buy some UK supplied taps, again look at the whole picture, what are you going to do when the taps you have go wrong and you cant get spares

Can you not remove the handles and rotate a 1/4 turn? At least they'll point the same way when off !

I was just about to say, no we've tried rotating the discs and can't, but I just realised what you meant. That means at least we could use them without them looking stupid - only we would know! Who hoo! i've been so depressed and have got told off by hubby too. We just came back from a plumb shop who had one that fitted, but was too tall.

Yippee! Well not yippee, because I'm p****d off they're wrong. But then again, £40 as opposed to £159 sounded good.

Never again will I buy cheap goods!

Cheers :oops:

Sponsored Links
Alfie, I doubt there's anything wrong with your taps and imho 40 quid ain't that cheap, you can easily spend a lot less than that. Most taps open anticlockwise, you just need them in the same position when off. Move a handle 1/4 turn and job done. As for £159 for a pair of taps you'd have to be a mug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back