Ceramic wall light fitting 60W - Earth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,

I just bought some quater shere uplighter wall fittings from wickes. They are max 60W single bulb. I have just removed some metal light fittings to replace with these new ceramic ones but noticed the new ceramic fittings do NOT have an earth point.
Im guessing because they are ceramic they do not conduct so dont need an earth but Im not 100% sure on these things so if anyone could clear that up I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Sponsored Links
They should be labelled with a 'double insulated' symbol (a square within a square) if they do not require an earth connection. The symbol may also appear on the packaging and/or installation instructions.

if there's no metal to touch then they don't need an earth..
don't cut it off though, put it in a connector block and tuck it away somewhere it's not going to cause problems.. you might put brass back up some day..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back