certification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
alright all

i have just finished a complete rewire on a house after a fire
there is no main fuse meter ect, (waiting for them to be fitted after fire)

i have done a dead test and isued the local council who im doing the job for a electrical installation cert

all i need to no is do i go back to the house and test it when its energised?

Sponsored Links
i no what you are sayig but i had to hand a cert to the council so eon ect can come and fit the meter

would i need to issue another cert or not?

Sponsored Links
the ei cert i issued i wrote the front of it dead test only

so when it dose get energised do i just issue them with another ei cert after i have done all tests?

i no what you are sayig but i had to hand a cert to the council so eon ect can come and fit the meter

would i need to issue another cert or not?

Why do eon need a certificate? The household installation has got nothing to do with them - they are only concerned with providing line and neutral (and if they see fit an earth), the main fuse, the meter and if your lucky an isolation switch.

Yes, you could issue a second EIC with the energised tests on, as well as the dead test results which you performed before.
If they are up to speed then they should have asked you for it anyway.

the main cutout fuse is not getting installed untill after christmas it had to be disconnected from outside (it was in a bad way) im sure the council will be asking me to go back anyway but just thought i would get a bit of edvice off you,s who have proberly got 10 years more than me

thanks for the help

icon_thanks.gif
;)

Why do eon need a certificate? The household installation has got nothing to do with them - they are only concerned with providing line and neutral (and if they see fit an earth), the main fuse, the meter and if your lucky an isolation switch.

ESQCR 25 (2) (a)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back