CH Boiler - Glow Worm Fuelsaver 25-30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to move into a house with a Glow Worm Fuelsaver 25-30 Boiler. Unfortunately the Central Heating is not working and although I did eventually get hot water from the tap, there is very little pressure and it took a long time (2 hours) to come through. The house has been empty for around one year.

My first observation is that when I look through the boiler window I can't see a pilot light - having said that, with the Switchmaster 900 control set to 'constant' and the room thermostat set high, the boiler does 'flame-up' for around a minute and then off again, a couple of minutes later the 'flame-up' repeats.

Can anyone advise me.
1. Is it normal that I can't see the pilot light all the time?
2. The likely cause of the problem?

Other observations are :-
1. The 3-way switch is rotating, as you would expect depending upon the Switchmaster setting.
2. There is a double switch in the kitchen, one marked Off/On, the other Sink/Bath. I tried all combinations but none seemed to make any difference.

THANKS, in anticipation...…........

P.S. Sorry I originally put this in the wrong category, I was so pleased to find a website that may help, I didn't scroll down the page far enough.

Sponsored Links
it sounds like the pump has seized up , undo the large screw in the middle of it and rotate the shaft inside the pump with a screwdriver this should make it work ok, you will need a small bowl to catch a bit of water when you remove the large screw.

2. There is a double switch in the kitchen, one marked Off/On, the other Sink/Bath.
This one's for the electric immersion heater not the boiler - which WOULD take a couple of hours from stone cold.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back