CH Boiler won't fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please help me. I have a glow worm boiler. The pilot light is on but when the central heating is put on constant the main burner does not fire up. Is this a simple problem to overcome?? Are there any airlocks?? All replies greatfully appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsored Links
Glow Worm have made a lot of different boilers and each is usually different from the other models.

There are so many different things that could have failed but an airlock is not likely to be one of them.

A competent boiler engineer might be required.

Tony

Loads of reasons why the boiler is not lighting. Could be a 'sticking' gas control valve, stats turned to zero (believe it or not a common problem), zone valve malfunction (they aren't just electric water taps - they also have micro switches inside linked to the CH contol system). So unless you want to swap out lots of stuff or aren't confident about testing get a decent boiler engineer out.

give us make/model of boiler and replies might be easier ie.

Is it a combi?
Does it have any markings?
rough age?
hot water ok?
any previous faults?
Are you really sure the thermostats/timer are switched on?

Sponsored Links

Is it a combi?yes
Does it have any markings?yes mynute35e
rough age?2years
hot water ok?no
any previous faults?no
yes

gas valve could be faulty.... or fan could be on way out and only working at low rate for pilot. APS could be faulty; could be an ignition problem/fsd problem, could be a lot of things. Need a boiler engineer to look at it

Is it a combi?yes
Does it have any markings?yes mynute35e
rough age?2years
hot water ok?no
any previous faults?no
yes

For your first post you have succeeded in replying to a post which is THREE years old.

Harry has then added a list of possible things which might be wrong!

I do have to say I just dont see the point of listing things which MIGHT be wrong as virtually any part of the appliance might be at fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back