CH issues in new home

It's OK, I don't mind walking you through it a bit further.

There might or might not be something wrong with your system - we just can't see it from here.

Have a look here

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/homeownerzone/products/timecontrol/LP241programmer/

for the user manual for your programmer. They've 'facelifted' the programmer several times and the instructions are clear as mud but it might help. It's possible you've left it 'on' by accident?

When we're sure you're using it correctly we can start helping you find out what any fault might be.

What make and model of boiler do you have? and where is it located?

Does your hot water cylinder (tank) have foam on it or is it plain copper, possibly with some lagging added afterwards?

Sponsored Links
Don't know which model of stat you have if you post a picture it might help.
I like a nice simple thermostat with a big dial you can turn up or down, but manufacturers and eco warriors are obsessed with complicated programmable stats.

Used to be called "night set back" stats you chose a temp for day and a lower one for night, also as said programmes are in my humble opinion too complicated giving the facility to programme different times for each day and for CH & HW one wrong push during programming and you need to start all over again.

I upgraded mine to a digital one when the old one got noisy, wish I hadn't bothered, it's a pain. Mrs footprints wanted it changed when the clocks went back I said oh just leave it "Oh no I've done it before" says she, now it's giving hot water all day for two days of the week and timed the rest some nights the heating stays on later. As it is going in the bin week after next I can't be A**** to fiddle with it ;)

I loved call outs to complicated faults on heating really interesting and satisfying, but the worst thing was after you had sorted the fault the customers throw away remark "can you show me how to work the timer while you are here I don't have the instructions?"

All sounds very Digitat 3 (the old square one)! Awful things.

Give me simple time/temperature control any time. Much easier to interact with.

My 'night set back' is pressing the button on my stat 3 times to reduce the temperature.

Can you tell I don't like programmable stats?

That said I do fancy the new MiTime system but that's still simple time/temperature control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back