CH Pipe Layout Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just added a new radiator in the utility and its working well but when I revealed the 22mm feed and return to tee into (15mm), it became apparent that they come down from the boiler upstairs and the ground floor rads are teed off in one 15mm loop and then proceed to go upstairs in 15mm to feed the first floor rads. Does this mean I have a mixture of one and two pipe systems? all rads get hot and the system appears healthy, we had a new WB30CDi fitted last year.

So, as it seemed somewhat odd to have the 15mm going back up to the first floor (may have been due to the original boiler beiing located in the utility and BG replaced it with a WB28 just after we moved in so maybe didn't do it very well!!!?) I propose to tee off at 15mm from the 22mm feed and return upstairs nearer the boiler to feed the first floor rads then the tee down at ground floor level will only be feeding the ground floor rads. (I'll obviously be able to remove the 15mm pipes going back upstairs as part of the 'tidy up'!)

Sorry if thats a bit of a ramble but hopefully you'll get the picture and it sounds the way to go to me or should I leave well alone as its working fine?

Sponsored Links
yes very good point there and sound advice but I suppose I'm thinking (or hoping!) it might make the system more efficient as I'll be going from a one one pipe system to a two one pipe system?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back