CH pump screaming question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did some work on replacing a couple of radiator valves, filled the system, bled the radiators and everything ran fine for a day. Today, the pump screamed / screeched for about a minute before I turned it off. I banged the pump and bled the end screw and it returned to normal operation. I persume it was an air pocket working its way through the system.

Will this have damaged the pump much ? seems ok at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Pump should be ok, but you can get a lot of air coming out of it

Thanks - pure luck the pump is in the kitchen boiler cupboard so we heard it straight away, probably would have burnt out otherwise.

I once had a (loft boiler) system drain empty due to a leak. The pump screamed for an hour before it was turned off. The pump lasted at least a couple of years, (then I lost contact with the installation.) It was a Wilo pump too, not supposed to be the best. Feel lucky?? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That's funny - mine's a Wilo as well !! If you look at it closely it seems to be the same as the grundfos - these days they are probably all made at the same Chinese factory !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back