CH pump that pushes to the left

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes, when you think that things can't get any worse........and then they do, you really want someone to turn up and just shoot you in the head!
I have been working on my uncle's CH (I'm not a plumber), everything that could go wrong has. I now have to replace the pump, it's on the return, it's a Grundfos 15/50, so I bought another.............BUT....................his 1970 grundfos pushes to the left and every pump now pushes to the right. Are there any pumps out there that push to the left (otherwise I'll have to fit the Grundfos upside down (bad idea))

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If I fit the pump upsidedown the electrics are at the bottom (drips entering electric box).

When you look at the new pump with the bleed screw facing you and the electric box at the top, the arrow shows flow to the right. When you hold the old pump the same way, the arrow is to the left (his boiler is to the left and I don't want to drain down and mess about with pipework, when a pump swap is supposed to be a simple task.

When did Grundfos change their flow direction to the other way?

if your not happy with the orientation of the pump just remove the head and twist it round to where you want it. It really doesn't matter. Why are you going to be leaving drips? :confused:

If I fit the pump upsidedown the electrics are at the bottom (drips entering electric box).
As seco has already said, it doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter because your drips are imaginary.

a pump swap is supposed to be a simple task.
You're making it complicated.

When did Grundfos change their flow direction to the other way?
They didn't. You're making something out of nothing.

There's no such thing as "left" and "right" when looking at a pump, there's only inlet and outlet.

Superb! undo the 4 bolts, rotate the body through 180 degrees and bolt up...................Wish I thought of that! ( ain't it awful to be thick!)

Drips............If the pump gets old and starts to leak, any drips will drop down the case to the bottom

Sometimes, when you think that things can't get any worse........and then they do, you really want someone to turn up and just shoot you in the head!
I have been working on my uncle's CH (I'm not a plumber), everything that could go wrong has. I now have to replace the pump, it's on the return, it's a Grundfos 15/50, so I bought another.............BUT....................his 1970 grundfos pushes to the left and every pump now pushes to the right. Are there any pumps out there that push to the left (otherwise I'll have to fit the Grundfos upside down (bad idea))

Make sure the gun is pointing towards your head.

stupid.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back