Grundfos Pump Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am going to change my Present Grundfos UPS 15-50 pump to the Grundfos Alpha L2 15-50 pump, I have query regarding the wiring, is the pump wired to any of the heating controls or just to the mains, my intention was to just put a 13 amp plug on the lead and plug it into a standard 13 amp switched socket. I then thought how does it know when to "kick in" if it isn't connected to the CH controller or boiler in some way, can anyone clear this up for me please? Phil

Sponsored Links
Just undo wires at the pump head and wire like for like there is only l n e youre overcomplicating it.

Thanks for the replies, the old pump is wired directly but the new one has a plug that goes into the pump head so it's not possible to wire like for like. Phil

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, the old pump is wired directly but the new one has a plug that goes into the pump head so it's not possible to wire like for like. Phil
It is possible to wire like for like.
Remove cores from existing pump and wire directly into supplied plug.
If you're struggling with this simple task I suggest calling someone who knows what they are doing.

it is possible and if you cant work out how to do it you should get someone in, a weekly task for lots of us

there's instructions that come with the pump, i think they're in pictures to make it even easier. If you're struggling to understand them then you really need to get someone in
it really is as easy as wiring a plug, if not easier

Remove cores from existing pump and wire directly into supplied plug

Uh no, cut the plug off, and put then wire like for like. But it does beg the question of if the OP has the right pump.

Philayl, if the pump was just wired to the mains via the plug, then there'd be no control over when it works, so it has to be wired back in the same way that the exiting one is.

As others have suggested, best to get someone else in before you blow something - and then have a bigger bill to sort that out.

Uh no, cut the plug off, and put then wire like for like. But it does beg the question of if the OP has the right pump.

Philayl, if the pump was just wired to the mains via the plug, then there'd be no control over when it works, so it has to be wired back in the same way that the exiting one is.

As others have suggested, best to get someone else in before you blow something - and then have a bigger bill to sort that out.

Guess you've not been fitting pumps in the last few years :rolleyes:

Nope, guess I got it wrong then. Oh well, I'll live with embarrasment. On the other hand, dumber than a 9 year old, maybe I won't.

Ah, thanks for that Dan. Just re-read it, and spotted where I've got confused.

Time for bed said Zebedy.

5A74A7A2-B48B-4BC3-AD47-C742FC17D7BE.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back