chaffoteaux britony combi 80 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
can anyone help my boiler keeps fire in up for about 5 secs on ch and hot water then goes off ,no red light comes on, tried resettin but does the same, can anyone help please, it would keep the misses happy

cheers

Sponsored Links
Based on personal experience as a customer not a plumber, I can tell you that it could be:

Diaphgram Valve: mine failed in Feb this year. The rubber inside was old and stiff and as such it no longer functioned: no extraction => no combustion => stay alive longer. So, that could be the first cause.

Divertor Valve: this is *ongoing* with me, a plumber has just been (in the last hour, that's why I am trawling the internet for more information) and I just phoned him back to say 'rads still not working' and he basically said that it *couldn't* be the divertor because the hot water is working out of the taps. I got the impression he just couldn't be bothered to come back. Won't be using him ever again and won't be recommending him to anybody ever.

This page: http://www.findplumbing.com/forums/about3119.html

reckons it *IS* the divertor valve so me, Joe Public, is now looking for another plumber that can be arsed to do a decent job that isn't busy for nine weeks in advance. I have an asthmatic partner and a little 6 year old boy and it is damn freezing here now and plumbers are the scum of the earth right now I can tell you. Maybe it's just me but most if not all of them come across as self-important sanctimonious dickheads who know they have you over a barrel and are going to make you pay for it.

Sean
Plymouth, UK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back