Chaffoteaux & Maury Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In need of help. I have a Chaffoteaux Britony boiler which is driving me mad. British gas engineers have visited the house 9 times over the last 8 months and are unable to repair. They keep telling me this make is rubbish and try to sell me a new boiler. The problem is, on the control panel it keeps requiring a reset, about every 15 minutes. The 80+ degree light flashes and the burner light keeps coming on for a second or two, there is a clunk and the burner light goes out again. It appears that the machine thinks the water is near to boiling and preventing the burner from lighting. The water is in fact cold. Any ideas??? I dont want to buy a new boiler (British gas talking £4000) if the problem is not terminal.

Sponsored Links
Get a good local guy in, hopefully on recommendation. Then stop sending money to BG each month. Then send the money you have saved to me each month. I will continue to offer you the same level of service by doing absolutely nothing constructive and telling you constantly that you need a new boiler. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
In an interesting case, like when BG has failed to diagnose, then I can cover that area.

But you could first complain to BG and request a "joint visit" with a manufacturer's service engineer ( agents I think, and the one that covers London does not seem to be very good! )

But why is this in Stratford when your profile says Monmouthshire?

Tony

Purely because I live in Monmouthshire and my new wife still owns a house in Henley in Arden, near Stratford. :D

In an interesting case, like when BG has failed to diagnose, then I can cover that area.

But you could first complain to BG and request a "joint visit" with a manufacturer's service engineer ( agents I think, and the one that covers London does not seem to be very good! )

But why is this in Stratford when your profile says Monmouthshire?

Tony

:rolleyes:

seeing as you have paid your money you may as well make the most of it. Getting BG to sort these issues can be quite simple but you will need to keep calling them. Call them and book a visit, let them come and do what they do, the very minute it doesnt seem right calll them straight back. Don't wait a week or whatever. The more visits you get in a smaller space of time the more the call will escalate on the internal figures. When I used to be a senior engineer at BG, if a call was on a 4th or 5th visit inside 30days it had to be sorted no matter what. 6th visit ended up on the regional managers desk which meant everyone got an ass kicking. So moral of the story, keep calling and don't wait! Make them fix it, thats what you've paid for.

I once sorted out a BG problem where they had visited about 36 times over a few weeks.

But it was a cold wet day so I just advised the senior engineer over the telephone and sorted it without a visit ( or getting paid ).

The Arden Tandoori in the High Street is not bad at all although its cheaper to go to the Castle Balti in Warwick where you can take your own wine and the portions are very good.

Tony Glazier

Try Sterland and Elgar in that area. Bob Smith is an excellent guy - he won't rook you or mess you about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back