Challenger V111 Alarm system not working please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm actually just looking for information on the problem I am having with my Challenger V111 house alarm system, so that my son who is an electrician can fix it, when he gets home on leave.

After 7 years without a problem about 5/6 months ago my alarm started to sound constantly, my son came around and disabled the alarm and changed out the outside alarm box for a new one, anyway just recently, I had entered my house and turned off the alarm, no problem, however when I went back out about an hour later, I could not turn the alarm back on, since then the outside box lighting, displays that the alarm has been activated by flashing red and all of the small led green lights are lit as well, but no sound is coming from the box, also no sound is coming from the internal alarm, the front door remote key pad shows a green light (mains), which I think normally means that the system is unarmed, when depressing the key pad buttons they beep as they should do, no other lights are lit on this panel, I've tried a reset by entering the code and the # key, no good, the large control panel is situated at the back door, one green light is lit and that is the mains light, tamper and day lights are out and all zone lights are unlit, when depressing the buttons on this panel no sound (beep) is emitted, we never use this panel so not sure if it should sound on pressing the buttons, any advice, that I can pass on to my son would be appreciated, the manual does not give much information on help topics, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for a bad battery in the panel?
It sounds as though it may have crashed. If you get a good battery, disconnect the alarm (mains and battery) wait a few seconds, then power back up (battery first) and enter your code.

Hi Joe -90

Once my son gets home on leave I will get him to try it out, however thank you very much for the prompt response and I will get back to you and let you know.

Regards

Pozzy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back