Change in spec for quote - much change in price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I asked three different bathroom installers to provide a quote for installing a shower over a bath and adding to the existing half-height tiling so that tiles will now go up to the ceiling.

Only one of them actually provided a quote, but that quote seems reasonable. I have already bought the tiles myself.

After reading the "sticky" perhaps I should instist upon tanking being done also - which I believe is merely painting the plaster with a waterproof coating before the tiles are put on.

In order to try to disguise the join between the old and new tiles, I've just bought some mosiac tiles. I would like a border of a single line of mosiac tiles (about 2.5cm square each, currently stuck to a plastic mesh) to go around between the old and new tiles. The total length of this border would be about four metres.

Does anyone know by how these two changes in spec would change the price please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends what your installer charges per hour.

Tank existing walls above a bath should take 1hrs max, plus cost of tanking £35-75 depending what and where you buy it. But it will involve a second visit as the tanking needs 24hrs to dry.

Say another hour and a bit of adhesive/grout for the mosaic border provided the mosaic is a similar thicknes to the tiles.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back