Change on pipe line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washing machines in the next year will be changing from hot and cold feed to cold feed only......................in line with europe...

Sponsored Links
so that would mean either a waste of energy in the element having to heat the water from stone cold to temp, or more soap powders for cold wash

just out of interest in America they do wash with cold water in m/c 's

mod moved as in wrong forum

Washers must come under part L. :LOL:

In 2006 kettles and toasters are to be incorporated under this legislation too. ;)

Apart from the cost of the energy, I always felt it much more efficient to heat the water in the WM. No storage or pipework losses, though it would take a bit longer. The HW pipe starts cold which isn't required and is left hot, ditto!
Most machines get nearly all cold anyway when they open both valves; it's usually only the cottons wash which takes hw alone. I may beout of date here, perhaps they're cleverer now.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Most machines get nearly all cold anyway when they open both valves; it's usually only the cottons wash which takes hw alone.
60 degree and above is hot fill only.
but the incoming h/w dissolves the detergent thats why they use hot, although i have to agree on inital fill the hot will be cold warm at best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back