changed microswitch on potteren boiler new problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have changed microswitch on puma 80.( only getting hw no ch).
Still have same problem, but when i left switch just hanging with wires attached got central heating but of course no hw, fit and adjust microswitch hw but no ch. Which leads me to think problem else where any help please.

Regards Chris

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you repalced the wires on the new switch correctly, cos it sounds like you may have muddled the wiring!! :confused:

Hi yes taped one before took off. Am now back to square one hw no ch ??

... but when i left switch just hanging with wires attached got central heating but of course no hw, fit and adjust microswitch hw but no ch. Which leads me to think problem else where any help please.
Leads me to believe you didn't do the adjustment correctly.

Sponsored Links
remember you will not get heating and hot water at the same time with a combi, so, are you saying heating doesn't work when taps are off (but timer and room stat both on)?

Hi guys thanks for replies.

First thing in morning heating fires up, but as soon as hot tap turns on heating goes off. Switch heating to constant heat, boiler fires up for about 2 mins then goes off pilot still alight.

Turn hot tap on with heating on bolier lights up plenty hot water red lcd lights up as should turn hot tap off lcd goes off bolier carrys on working as should but then after 2 mins goes out. Have changed microswitch and set up but no diiference. Boiller potterton puma 80 9 years old

Hi bengasman
No just microwswitch was going to ask if flow switch should be next.

is de pin on de flowswitch coming out of de ole wiv the water running

drinking-3.gif

Hi Kev
(is de pin on de flowswitch coming out of de ole wiv the water running )

Ok might be sorry i asked ? but how do i tell that :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back