changing a Satchwell TLX2356 to a sunvic 207 xls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am trying to change my thermostat in the COLD!!! I have a Satchwell TLX2356 which currently has 3 wires which were connected to points 2,3,4 --based on the diagram on the thermostat 2,3 are live and neutral respectively. My questions are:

1. what should I do with the 4th wire (blue)
2. the Sunvic has points N, L 1,2,3,4 --will the thermostat work if I only have N,L and 1 etc
Thanks,

snwhite

Sponsored Links
You havent bought a thermostat, thats a twin channel programmer!

You need to go out and buy a thermostat.

Sponsored Links
The op is trying to replace a thermostat with a programmer!

and?

perhaps he's aware of that and that's what he wants to do?

I don't have a thermostat on my heating..
i use the dial on the front of the combi to set the temp, the trv's to set the room temp and the timer to swithc it on and off when I want it..

perhaps he's fed up with the room the stat is in being the right temp but the rest being cold because the heating switches off when the one room is hot enough??

you've piointed out to him that it's a programmer and I gave him the connections... it's now up to him to decide how he uses the information..

The op is trying to replace a thermostat with a programmer!

and?

perhaps he's aware of that and that's what he wants to do?

I don't have a thermostat on my heating..
i use the dial on the front of the combi to set the temp, the trv's to set the room temp and the timer to swithc it on and off when I want it..

perhaps he's fed up with the room the stat is in being the right temp but the rest being cold because the heating switches off when the one room is hot enough??

you've piointed out to him that it's a programmer and I gave him the connections... it's now up to him to decide how he uses the information..

Then he should move the thermostat into the coldest room then.

So he's probably already got a timer (have never seen a stat fitter with no timer), so he's now going to wire in another one in series?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back