Changing a UPVC door panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an awful 2XG half glass style front door on my house but I want to convert it to change both the glass and panel for a full length panel like a clinton style without buying anew front door. I know this is a bit drastic but could a cut throught the centeal rail where the letterbox is and make it so that it will take a full length insert? the door is well out of it guarentee. Or could i but a clinton style panel and cut it in half and glaze the door seperately?

Sponsored Links
Second option if you really must.

First one is a can of worms and will look rank with weld still showing in the stiles, 2 vertical beads with joins in, getting them to sit flat on the cut surface.

Assume you know how to remove a panel and re toe and heel a door?

thanks was thinking that the second option would be better, the door would therefore be much lighter with the smaller glass panel so should not cause much grief with the door dropping.

Sponsored Links
Yes much lighter with a panel rather than glass but the door will still need toe and heeling afterwards, trust me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back