Changing Baxi isolator in situ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi esteamed (sorry) Boilermen

Humble apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I did spend a while searching before registering to post.

I have a 7 year old 105HE which drips. I've fixed the easy one, at the front of the diverter valve, and replaced the diaphragm to stop another one there. Also fitted new Pos and Neg sensing pipes to the DV as they had been compressed to death (by robot I hope, not sensitive Mankind) and had white deposits at the DV end but this little monkey is also now dripping from the hot water flow isolator.
The black plastic tap's retaining screw was rusty and its head sheared off when I tried to remove it (far left hand pipe) hoping to find a gland behind and although the drip is reduced by several movements of the tap I reckon the valve/elbow will have to be changed. I have found it listed online as part no. 248224 so should be able to get one OK but could some Scholar tell me please if I can do this in situ as it is hooked through the tap plate somehow during initial fitting of the boiler?

Any hints greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Ok, first off, the far left pipe isn't DHW pipe it's the CH FLOW. The cold inlet (which shuts off DHW outlet) is the 2nd from right, 4of5.
CH flow is 22mm pipe.
You'd need to release the pressure from the system, and would get some water coming out of the boiler unless you tried to drain it first, but with the works you've done I'd imagine you'd know that.

The ISO can be detached in-situ, undo nut to diverter, undo nut at rear onto pipe, then between rear nut and pipe jig you'll notice a 3mm thick nut that holds the ISO onto the pipe rail.

oops, I meant heating flow, sorry.

Thanks very much for that Joe4542, I will tackle it confidently now.

Before I post a fresh issue or start searching again could I be cheeky and ask if you know which current boiler will fit without any pipework changes in case I decide to renew some time soon? I don't mind paying a gas man to do the essential safety bit but wouldn't have much trouble swapping the boiler myself.

Sponsored Links
The essential safety bit includes hanging the boiler, fitting the flue, and coming back to connect the gas and commission after you've done your bit. You might as well just get someone to do the lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back