Changing Radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a leak coming from the pipe as it enters the valve, tried nipping it u a bit, but did not stop the leak, so need to replace valve, have located a drain point so plan to drain the system to allow me to change the valve

However its a pretty old radiator and the old valve connects to the radiator with a 3/4" inch nut, most of the valves I have seen are 1/2". I have managed to get a valve with a tail that I assumw goes into the radiator? ans has a 3/4" nut. I was hoping that I can just remove the old valve, not use the new tail and connect the new value straight to it. Do you think this will work, or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

rad valve tails can be left and used with new valve, however
if you drain the system i would strongly recommend that you replace the tail .sometimes old tail causes water leak and you end up replacing it.

Thanks, as the radiator is quite old, will the old tail come out OK? Is it likely to be the same thread as the new tail?

Cheers for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back