Changing the mains fed bathrooms back to tank fed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a long house that has a tank in the loft at each end.

it seems that at some time or other the water supply to the first floor has been changed from the tanks , to be fed by a T from the mains riser.

We have lowish mains pressure and have just had a water softener fitted ( tapworks AD11 ) , the first floor sanitarytware now gets a very low pressure .

I have been assured by Tapworks technical that a hiflo kit will not improve the situation and the first floor bathrooms should be put back on the tank .

Will there be any benefit in the form of increased cold water pressure by installing a feed from both tanks into the first floor cold pipework or is there an obvious problem fast looming ?

Maybe the tanks need to be linked within the loft space and just one drop to the bathroom supplies ?

I dont intend doing this work myself but would like to be better prepared for when i ask the plumber to do this ?

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
HI

if mains supply pressure is poor then it is good idea to install fit a tank.this will store water for emergencies and taps will be able to run together at the same time with a constant pressure.also fitting/installing
the tank higher will increase pressure.

Thanks for the response ,

we presently have 2 tanks in the loft , but i wonder if there would be any benefit / possibility of having both tanks feeding the first floor bathrooms on the one circuit

ie would you get anymore pressure from the tanks or would it cause a problem elsewhere

you could have 4 tanks together its the height that gives you your pressure.

Sponsored Links
if i was you i would speak to the water board they can sometimes turn up the pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back