changing toilet syphon

Think the fluidmaster one I have linked will fit 2inch and 1.5 inch via supplying 2 different sealing washers. That sound right?

Sponsored Links
Think the fluidmaster one I have linked will fit 2inch and 1.5 inch via supplying 2 different sealing washers. That sound right?
Nope, the clue's in the description. The one you linked to is a doughnut for a 1 1/2" flush valve outlet, there would be no adapter. The drop valve that @thereisawizza linked to has a 1 1/2" outlet with an extra part to the sealing washer that can then fit a 2" cistern.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Yes I have got one like the one linked that has a 1 1/2 inch outlet that has an extra part to the sealing washer that can fit 2 inch. I have also got a 1 1/2 inch donut. And bolts. This all sound right?

Yup, you really won't know until you get it all off of course but sounds like you have all the bits you may need. Just do it at a time that if anything else is needed there are places open that you can get bits from.

Thanks can I just ask are the flexi connecter that connect the toilet cold feed to the cistern. Are the rubbers in them usually ok to re-seal once re connecting?

Depends on how tight the person before ramped it up usually but chances are in your favour. Get a washer just in case.

Thanks is it just a 1/2 rubber washer. Guess I'll be able to tell by looking once taken off.

Thanks, sorry last question. If it is a 2inch flush valve in and I replace with the fluidmaster one that is 1.5 inch but with the bigger washer. Will the 1.5 inch donut seal correctly on the toilet pan? I am guessing so or it would be pointless selling a flush valve that will fit 2 and 1.5 inch cistern holes.

It's more about how wide the flush hole in the CC pan is, the doughnut's usually have the same outside diameter and just a different sized internal hole dia so the pan should be the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back