Channelling Chisel

Sponsored Links
I assume you have an SDS drill with rotor stop already?

and they are a bit much for plaster board :LOL:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/16724/Drill-Bits/Masonry-Chisels/SDS-Plus-Chisels/Armeg-SDS-Plus-Channelling-Chisel-30mm

Are these any good?

I need to chase in a cable for a portable tv in bedroom, really cant be ar$ed with the hammer and bolster and dont know anyone with a chaser!

I know £25 is a lot to spend for a one off job, but I really am feeling lazy at the moment.
------------------------------------------

Now then, I'm new here so apologies for format! Have used these and yes they do what they say, as long as it's a solid wall of course! But I would not pay that for one job. You're going to have to skim over anyway so it doesn't matter how smooth the channel is, so I would get crackin with a standard chisel tip for the sds, or hammer and chisel - you'll be done quicker than you think. Spend the £25 on a chinese to reward yourself!

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/16724/Drill-Bits/Masonry-Chisels/SDS-Plus-Chisels/Armeg-SDS-Plus-Channelling-Chisel-30mm

Are these any good?

I need to chase in a cable for a portable tv in bedroom, really cant be ar$ed with the hammer and bolster and dont know anyone with a chaser!

I know £25 is a lot to spend for a one off job, but I really am feeling lazy at the moment.
------------------------------------------

Now then, I'm new here so apologies for format! Have used these and yes they do what they say, as long as it's a solid wall of course! But I would not pay that for one job. You're going to have to skim over anyway so it doesn't matter how smooth the channel is, so I would get crackin with a standard chisel tip for the sds, or hammer and chisel - you'll be done quicker than you think. Spend the £25 on a chinese to reward yourself!

Cheers Jimmy and welcome to a great forum.

I've tried it with standard sds chisels and find its difficult to get a good angle and the chisel tend to slip before you can get enough pressure for it to engage.

I presume that this is why the armeg chisel has a bend.

Another reason I dont want to use my bolser chisel is that its 50mm and would like to keep destruction to a minimum!

Sponsored Links
Angle grinder with appropriate stone blade, then SDS chisel it out? Thats assuming you have a grinder to hand. however its messy!

Angle grinder with appropriate stone blade, then SDS chisel it out? Thats assuming you have a grinder to hand. however its messy!

No chance,

A grinder is what i'd normally use at work, so wouldnt dream of it at home!

decent bolster to mark out the sides of the channel and a decent cold chisel to clear it out down the run. job done in no time you lazy git! :LOL:

decent bolster to mark out the sides of the channel and a decent cold chisel to clear it out down the run. job done in no time you lazy git! :LOL:

Lets face it, you are probably right.

I think its the beer talking, well the hangover from last nights beer.

Looks like i'll be getting the lump hammer and chisels out of the "Tools I really hate using" box.

I dont know, I come on here expecting some moral support and justification for taking the easy option but what do I get :LOL:

dis - you asked, in your OP ... "Are these any good?". Yes, they are the dogs bo....ks, brilliant tackle. Wall chasers & angle grinders are fine for outside with all the doors & windows closed.

dis - you asked, in your OP ... "Are these any good?". Yes, they are the dogs bo....ks, brilliant tackle. Wall chasers & angle grinders are fine for outside with all the doors & windows closed.

Brilliant, will buy one immediately, while the screwfix discount is on. Need to buy an RCD FCU anyway so what the hell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back