Chasing concrete floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chap needs a new 28mm gas pipe.
This means burying it in the concrete floor, for about 8 metres. It can go outside after that.

Anyone used a proper chaser to do that? They say dustless, some of them you can hire. I'm sceptical.

Sponsored Links
Chap needs a new 28mm gas pipe.
This means burying it in the concrete floor, for about 8 metres. It can go outside after that.

Anyone used a proper chaser to do that? They say dustless, some of them you can hire. I'm sceptical.

If hes a handy DIYer, knock him some beer money off the bill and let him borrow your sds chisel. Surprising how many people will take you up on such a cheap offer for monkey work. Then its their lungs/ears/eyes/knees, etc.

I needed to do something similar this week to run a new hot/cold supply in conduit under about 2 metres of floor. The chap was only too happy to do the chiselling. I arrived yesterday and it was all nicely chipped out and vacuumed out. Some jobs Im only to happy to pass on :D

Yeah, Ive used the Hilti. Smashing machine - idiots at the hire centre gave me vac that didn't fit tho...
Wouldn't say it was dustless, I plastic sheeted all doorways and stairs off. It took about 5 minutes to cut the chase and half a bloody day to sheet :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I use a dyson with the filters removed. I then put it out side and use an extension hose with a wall chaser. I does a very good job.
The room will still need a quick dust after though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back