Cheap cabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wilkinsons are doing some stupidly cheap cable...surely they must be selling stuff up to British Standard???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I thought it may have been the old stuff too. Even if it was they wouldnt be able to sell it in their shops if it wasnt to BS would they???

divadoll_1 said:
Even if it was they wouldnt be able to sell it in their shops if it wasnt to BS would they???

what says they cant? you could install wiring using pink and purple if you wanted...

simon_d said:
divadoll_1 said:
Even if it was they wouldnt be able to sell it in their shops if it wasnt to BS would they???

what says they cant? you could install wiring using pink and purple if you wanted...

That sound fabby - were can I get some of this cable? ;)

divadoll_1 said:
Wilkinsons are doing some stupidly cheap cable...surely they must be selling stuff up to British Standard???

How much is the cable?

I just had a look at the 6mm cos replacing shower and cooker runs and that was priced up at 89p p/m. I went to my local electrical shop and they offered it at £1...now I know I dont get much of a discount with them yet as I havent built up the same rapport I have with my plumbing merchants, but still expected a better rate than that!
OR...am I being seen off by the merchant and Wilkinsons is the going rate anyhow???

focus, homebase, B&Q etc are very cheap on cable, bcos they don't sell much of it, it has a very slow turnaround for them, chances are they all bought in bulk a long time back now, and are selling the same stuff, so go on get ur self a bargain!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back